Musician. Media Personality. Model.
& The Truth Untold
2016 marked the triumphant return of Rose Cora Perry (former frontwoman of signed touring act Anti-Hero) with the critically-acclaimed release of her sophomore solo album, "Onto the Floor".
A "one-of-a-kind talent", Perry's vocals have been said to be the "perfect blend of Alanis Morissette and Norah Jones" (Kaotic Notes), while her songwriting is full of "raw viseral power, killer hooks and punch-in-the-gut riffs" (Spill Magazine).
In conjunction with the album's release, Perry formed high energy powerhouse duo, The Truth Untold, featuring the exceptional talent of Tyler Randall (ex-Blind Mag/Swerve) on Drums; Perry handles Vocals, Guitar & Songwriting. On tour, they are joined by multi-talented Emma Hefkey (ex-Buckshot Betty) on bass and backing vocals.
Acclaimed one of the Top #10 indie talents across Canada, within a mere six months of forming, Rose Cora Perry & The Truth Untold conquered audiences of 25,000+ , performing at notable festivals and winning over crowds of 20-somethings & babyboomers alike.
The band's captivating live performances, coupled with their award-winning film noir Music Video trilogy series for "Onto the Floor"'s singles have taken Canada (and soon the world) by storm.
Tyler’s music career began at the tender age of 15. Though he’s now lovingly referred to as “Sticks”, it was initially the gentle breeze of an acoustic guitar that drew him in. Despite his desire for melodic greatness, he quickly lost interest due to the time consuming nature of video games and other kid duties. It happens. Who can blame him really?
Some years later, he had a chance encounter which re-awakened in him a strange but powerful desire to rock. A friend of his - and fellow player - pushed Tyler to dust off the old rig and start learning some of his favourite songs. But deep down Tyler knew, the fretboard was not enough.
As a child, he mastered the infamous air drum kit 1000 and so he figured how much harder could it be to play drums in real life?
In his final year of formative schooling, Tyler came into contact with a couple of other high schoolers from another learning institute. With Tyler pounding the skins, they entered a local talent show and to their surprise, won first place! (There is proof by the way, in case anyone disputes the claim.)
While his highschool project turned out to be short-lived, over the years, Tyler has drummed to his heart’s content with many other talented and awesome people.
One highlight from his career includes a small East Coast Canadian tour. According to sources, there were many good times to be had, along with many beautiful places to be seen.
Tyler was subjected to a rigorous audition process for a coveted place in Rose Cora Perry’s live touring band, The Truth Untold. Impressed by the fact he was a fellow vegan, Tyler was immediately hired.
* Named among the Top #10 indie talents across Canada (Starbeat)
* Hand-selected by the founder to perform on the ONLY Canadian date of the final Vans Warped Tour
* Ranked as the #1 local "Rock" act (ReverbNation)
* Selected as the ONLY Canadian act to showcase at Summer NAMM Nashville
* Winter NAMM/Ultimate Jam Night showcase at the legendary Whisky a Go Go (Los Angeles)
* Music Video for second single, "Six Feet Under" reached 500,000+ views
* Rose Cora Perry named among "favourite singer/songwriters" by famed media personality and former MuchMusic VJ Bill Welychka
* Headlining act for "Day of 1000 Musicians"
* Selected as 1 of 400 bands to participate in the Guinness World Record Attempt for the Longest Concert by Multiple Artists
* Profiled by award-winning music media, "California Rocker", "Unrated Magazine", "Canadian Music Trade" & "Music Video Experience"
* Featured performance & cameo on Spectre Sound Studio's acclaimed Youtube channel (200,000+ subscribers)
* Standout US Tour Dates:
International Pop Overthrow (Chicago)
East Coast Music Conference (Virginia)
Twin City Ribfest (North Carolina)
Yellow Springs Street Fair (Ohio)
Taste of Wisconsin (Kenosha)
Jersey Shore Festival (New Jersey)
Pittsburgh's Three Rivers Regatta (1.5 million attendees)
* Standout Canadian Tour Dates:
Barrie Waterfront Festival
Toronto Ribfest (200,000+ attendees)
Great Canadian Kayak Festival
Night it Up! (100,000+ attendees)
Soundtrack of the City Festival
Belle River Sunsplash
Aurora Ribfest (other acts incl: Platinum Blonde, Rik Emmett)
Stars & Thunder (other acts incl: Simple Plan, Lights, Hedley)
Riverfest Elora (other acts incl: Sloan, MGMT, Monster Truck)
Peterborough LIVE Music Festival
Toronto Vegan Food & Drink Festival
Taste of Kingston
Carmel Fine Arts & Music Festival
* Support act for Smashmouth & Atlas Genius
* Nominated for "Best Rock Artist" (Toronto Independent Music Awards)
* First Canadian act showcased on AOTV's "Local Sounds" (Massachusetts) and PBS' "Musicology" (California)
* Acclaimed "must see" local talent at London Music Week
* Awarded Best "Pop Rock" Music Video for "Away I Go"
* "Away I Go" single named in Top #10 most downloaded/streamed singles by indie artists (DMDS)
* "Onto the Floor" ranked in Top #30 album radio charts (Earshot)
* Achieved commercial radio play for "Onto the Floor" within 24 hours of its release
* Featured as an internationally "buzzworthy" act (MusicDish China Network)
* Profiled as a Featured Artist by the Songwriters Association of Canada
It was a fateful night at a karoake tavern that led to Emma Hefkey being recruited for The Truth Untold’s 2019 lineup. The song: “Mary Jane”, the artist: Canada’s beloved Alanis.
A Stratford, Ontario native, Hefkey was immersed in her locale’s vibrant arts scene from an early age, winning awards including being named the first ever “Stratford Star”(2006) and taking to the stage for Community Players' productions of The Music Man (2007) and Blame it on the Movies (2005).
Hefkey first got her taste for rock’n’roll however at age eight, after having received an electric guitar - an Ibanez - that year for Christmas. At 14, she debuted her talents as frontwoman and songwriter for “Naked Bones”; a year later, the barely teen penned her first EP.
Hefkey’s next project – power trio “Buckshot Betty” – saw her switching instruments and band roles. It was here that Hefkey discovered her love of the lower clef; further, her love of being an integral member to a hard-hitting three piece.
The disbandment of “Buckshot Betty” saw the creation of spin-off acoustic project, “We Are Me” which featured Hefkey resuming her role as lead vocalist. Hefkey continues to expand her growing catalog of originals and enjoys taking part in open jam nights in the city.
Affectionately referred to as “Little Lady” by her touring bandmates, Hefkey may only stand at a mere 5’2”, but both her groove-inspired bass playing and stylistic singing pack a punch.