Musician. Media Personality. Model.
& The Truth Untold
2016 marked the triumphant return of Rose Cora Perry (former frontwoman of signed touring act Anti-Hero) with the critically-acclaimed release of her sophomore solo album, "Onto the Floor".
A "one-of-a-kind talent", Perry's vocals have been said to be the "perfect blend of Alanis Morissette and Norah Jones" (Kaotic Notes), while her songwriting is full of "raw viseral power, killer hooks and punch-in-the-gut riffs" (Spill Magazine).
In conjunction with the album's release, Perry formed high energy powerhouse duo, The Truth Untold, featuring the exceptional talent of Tyler Randall (ex-Blind Mag/Swerve) on Drums; Perry handles Vocals, Guitar & Songwriting. Multi-instrumentalist/soundwoman extraordinaire Amber Gorham joined them in 2018 as their Touring Bassist.
Acclaimed one of the Top #10 indie talents across Canada, within a mere six months of forming, Rose Cora Perry & The Truth Untold conquered audiences of 25,000+ , performing at notable festivals and winning over crowds of 20-somethings & babyboomers alike.
The band's captivating live performances, coupled with their award-winning film noir Music Video trilogy series for "Onto the Floor"'s singles have taken Canada (and soon the world) by storm.
Tyler’s music career began at the tender age of 15. Though he’s now lovingly referred to as “Sticks”, it was initially the gentle breeze of an acoustic guitar that drew him in. Despite his desire for melodic greatness, he quickly lost interest due to the time consuming nature of video games and other kid duties. It happens. Who can blame him really?
Some years later, he had a chance encounter which re-awakened in him a strange but powerful desire to rock. A friend of his - and fellow player - pushed Tyler to dust off the old rig and start learning some of his favourite songs. But deep down Tyler knew, the fretboard was not enough.
As a child, he mastered the infamous air drum kit 1000 and so he figured how much harder could it be to play drums in real life?
In his final year of formative schooling, Tyler came into contact with a couple of other high schoolers from another learning institute. With Tyler pounding the skins, they entered a local talent show and to their surprise, won first place! (There is proof by the way, in case anyone disputes the claim.)
While his highschool project turned out to be short-lived, over the years, Tyler has drummed to his heart’s content with many other talented and awesome people.
One highlight from his career includes a small East Coast Canadian tour. According to sources, there were many good times to be had, along with many beautiful places to be seen.
Tyler was subjected to a rigorous audition process for a coveted place in Rose Cora Perry’s live touring band, The Truth Untold. Impressed by the fact he was a fellow vegan, Tyler was immediately hired.
* Named among the Top #10 indie talents across Canada (Starbeat)
* Hand-selected by the founder to perform on the ONLY Canadian date of the final Vans Warped Tour
* Ranked as the #1 local "Rock" act (ReverbNation)
* Selected as the ONLY Canadian act to showcase at Summer NAMM Nashville
* Winter NAMM/Ultimate Jam Night showcase at the legendary Whisky a Go Go (Los Angeles)
* Music Video for second single, "Six Feet Under" reached 500,000+ views
* Rose Cora Perry named among "favourite singer/songwriters" by famed media personality and former MuchMusic VJ Bill Welychka
* Headlining act for "Day of 1000 Musicians"
* Selected as 1 of 400 bands to participate in the Guinness World Record Attempt for the Longest Concert by Multiple Artists
* Profiled by award-winning music media, "California Rocker", "Unrated Magazine", "Canadian Music Trade" & "Music Video Experience"
* Featured performance & cameo on Spectre Sound Studio's acclaimed Youtube channel (200,000+ subscribers)
* Standout US Tour Dates:
International Pop Overthrow (Chicago)
East Coast Music Conference (Virginia)
Twin City Ribfest (North Carolina)
Yellow Springs Street Fair (Ohio)
Taste of Wisconsin (Kenosha)
Jersey Shore Festival (New Jersey)
* Standout Canadian Tour Dates:
Barrie Waterfront Festival
Toronto Ribfest (200,000+ attendees)
Great Canadian Kayak Festival
Night it Up! (100,000+ attendees)
Soundtrack of the City Festival
Belle River Sunsplash
Aurora Ribfest (other acts incl: Platinum Blonde, Rik Emmett)
Stars & Thunder (other acts incl: Simple Plan, Lights, Hedley)
Riverfest Elora (other acts incl: Sloan, MGMT, Monster Truck)
Pittsburgh's Three Rivers Regatta (1.5 million attendees)
Peterborough LIVE Music Festival
Toronto Vegan Food & Drink Festival
Taste of Kingston
Carmel Fine Arts & Music Festival
* Support act for Smashmouth & Atlas Genius
* Nominated for "Best Rock Artist" (Toronto Independent Music Awards)
* First Canadian act showcased on AOTV's "Local Sounds" (Massachusetts) and PBS' "Musicology" (California)
* Acclaimed "must see" local talent at London Music Week
* Awarded Best "Pop Rock" Music Video for "Away I Go"
* "Away I Go" single named in Top #10 most downloaded/streamed singles by indie artists (DMDS)
* "Onto the Floor" ranked in Top #30 album radio charts (Earshot)
* Achieved commercial radio play for "Onto the Floor" within 24 hours of its release
* Featured as an internationally "buzzworthy" act (MusicDish China Network)
* Profiled as a Featured Artist by the Songwriters Association of Canada
Amber Gorham has quickly become the most highly sought after bassist in rock’n’roll history. With literally two gigs to her name, she took to the stage among living legends at The Whisky a Go Go’s Ultimate Jam Night in LA.
A talented player of not one, not two but 12 additional instruments, not to mention an avid Rocksmith gamer, it unsurprisingly didn’t take long for Gorham to grasp the sonic landscape of the lower clef.
Even without bass in hand, Gorham can regularly be seen perfecting her "air finger-plucking" technique, complete with pull-offs and slaps; the Pixies and Rasmus are among her favourite groups to practise to. We approve.
Inspired by Metallica’s move to recruit then-producer Bob Rock as part of their live project, Perry and Randall conspired to shine a light on Gorham's talents from beyond backstage, after bearing witness to, in her words, "a really bad demo" of her former band.
Prior to joining The Truth Untold on bass, Gorham worked diligently as the duo’s live sound technician, equally conquering monitor and front of house mixes for their summer festival seasons.
Under the devoted tutelage of Rose Cora Perry herself, Gorham looks forward to bringing stage kicks, enthusiastic giggles, awkward banter and thumping grooves to a city near you. She may be the band “baby” but don’t mess with this honey badger.