Musician. Media Personality. Model.
& The Truth Untold
"The PERFECT antidote to formulaic pop, Rose Cora Perry & The Truth Untold are high energy, refreshing and modern with a hint of 90s aesthetic. Like The White Stripes...but gender reversed, you can't help but fall in love with their full bodied vocals, relatable lyrics, chugging guitars and hard hitting rhythms. A must see act."
2016 marked the triumphant return of Rose Cora Perry (former frontwoman of signed touring act Anti-Hero) with the critically-acclaimed release of her sophomore solo album, "Onto the Floor".
A "one-of-a-kind talent", Perry's vocals have been said to be the "perfect blend of Alanis Morissette and Norah Jones" (Kaotic Notes), while her songwriting is full of "raw viseral power, killer hooks and punch-in-the-gut riffs" (Spill Magazine).
In conjunction with the album's release, Perry formed high energy powerhouse duo, The Truth Untold, featuring the exceptional talent of Tyler Randall (ex-Blind Mag/Swerve) on Drums; Perry handles Vocals, Guitar & Songwriting.
Within 6 months of coming together, The Truth Untold conquered audiences of 25,000+ , performing at notable festivals and winning over crowds of 20-somethings & babyboomers alike.
The duo's captivating live performances, coupled with their award-winning film noir Music Video trilogy series for "Onto the Floor"'s singles have taken Canada (and soon the world) by storm.
Tyler’s music career began at the tender age of 15. Though he’s now lovingly referred to as “Sticks”, it was initially the gentle breeze of an acoustic guitar that drew him in. Despite his desire for melodic greatness, he quickly lost interest due to the time consuming nature of video games and other kid duties. It happens. Who can blame him really?
Some years later, he had a chance encounter which re-awakened in him a strange but powerful desire to rock. A friend of his - and fellow player - pushed Tyler to dust off the old rig and start learning some of his favourite songs. But deep down Tyler knew, the fretboard was not enough.
As a child, he mastered the infamous air drum kit 1000 and so he figured how much harder could it be to play drums in real life?
In his final year of formative schooling, Tyler came into contact with a couple of other high schoolers from another learning institute. With Tyler pounding the skins, they entered a local talent show and to their surprise, won first place! (There is proof by the way, in case anyone disputes the claim.)
While his highschool project turned out to be short-lived, over the years, Tyler has drummed to his heart’s content with many other talented and awesome people.
One highlight from his career includes a small East Coast Canadian tour. According to sources, there were many good times to be had, along with many beautiful places to be seen.
Tyler was subjected to a rigorous audition process for a coveted place in Rose Cora Perry’s live touring band, The Truth Untold. Impressed by the fact he was a fellow vegan, Tyler was immediately hired.
Meet the other half of Rose Cora Perry's live performance band.
Some of their career highlights thus far include:
* Named among the Top #10 indie talents across Canada (Starbeat)
* Ranked as the #1 local "Rock" act (ReverbNation)
* Selected as the only Canadian act to showcase at Summer NAMM Nashville
* Nominated for "Best Rock Artist" (Toronto Independent Music Awards)
* Kicked off the Nascar Pinty Race Series
* Selected as 1 of 400 bands to participate in the Guinness World Record Attempt for the Longest Concert by Multiple Artists
* Scheduled Performers at:
Stars & Thunder (other acts incl: Simple Plan, Lights, Hedley)
Riverfest Elora (other acts incl: Sloan, MGMT, Monster Truck)
Pittsburgh's Three Rivers Regatta (1.5 million attendees)
Peterborough LIVE Music Festival
Toronto Vegan Food & Drink Festival
Taste of Kingston
Carmel Fine Arts & Music Festival
* Support act for Smashmouth & Atlas Genius
* Showcased as 1 of the "must see" local talents at London Music Week
* Awarded Best "Pop Rock" Music Video for "Away I Go"
* "Away I Go" single named in Top #10 most downloaded/streamed singles by indie artists (DMDS)
* "Onto the Floor" ranked in Top #30 album radio charts (Earshot)
* Achieved commercial radio play for "Onto the Floor" within 24 hours of its release
* Featured as an internationally "buzzworthy" act (MusicDish China Network)
* Profiled as a Featured Artist by the Songwriters Association of Canada