Musician. Media Personality. Model.
& The Truth Untold
Acclaimed one of the Top Ten indie talents across Canada and the Number One local band in their hometown, Rose Cora Perry & The Truth Untold have quickly established a reputation for equally writing catchy songs and compelling audiences.
Named a "favourite" by media legend Bill Welychka (former MuchMusic VJ), in the short time they've been a band, they have already rocked audiences of over 200,000 and shared bills with 90s hitmakers SmashMouth, Canadian legends Platinum Blonde and Rik Emmett (Triumph) as well as Atlas Genius and Courage My Love.
A "one-of-a-kind talent", Perry's vocals have been said to be the "perfect blend of Alanis Morissette and Norah Jones" (Kaotic Notes), while her songwriting is full of "raw viseral power, killer hooks and punch-in-the-gut riffs" (Spill Magazine).
Expect a high energy rock'n'roll experience reminiscent of "all that we remember being great about the 90s." (Pittsburgh Music Magazine).
Tyler’s music career began at the tender age of 15. Though he’s now lovingly referred to as “Sticks”, it was initially the gentle breeze of an acoustic guitar that drew him in. Despite his desire for melodic greatness, he quickly lost interest due to the time consuming nature of video games and other kid duties. It happens. Who can blame him really?
Some years later, he had a chance encounter which re-awakened in him a strange but powerful desire to rock. A friend of his - and fellow player - pushed Tyler to dust off the old rig and start learning some of his favourite songs. But deep down Tyler knew, the fretboard was not enough.
As a child, he mastered the infamous air drum kit 1000 and so he figured how much harder could it be to play drums in real life?
In his final year of formative schooling, Tyler came into contact with a couple of other high schoolers from another learning institute. With Tyler pounding the skins, they entered a local talent show and to their surprise, won first place! (There is proof by the way, in case anyone disputes the claim.)
While his highschool project turned out to be short-lived, over the years, Tyler has drummed to his heart’s content with many other talented and awesome people.
One highlight from his career includes a small East Coast Canadian tour. According to sources, there were many good times to be had, along with many beautiful places to be seen.
Tyler was subjected to a rigorous audition process for a coveted place in Rose Cora Perry’s live touring band, The Truth Untold. Impressed by the fact he was a fellow vegan, Tyler was immediately hired.
Standout Tour Dates:
Vans Warped Tour (Toronto)
Summer NAMM Showcase (Nashville)
Whisky a Go Go / Winter NAMM Showcase (Los Angeles)
Music is Art (Buffalo)
Three Rivers Regatta (Pittsburgh)
Stars & Thunder (Timmins)
International Pop Overthrow (Chicago)
East Coast Music Conference (Virginia)
Jersey Shore Festival (New Jersey)
Montreal Ribfest (Montreal)
Yellow Springs Street Fair (Ohio)
Twin City Ribfest (North Carolina)
Taste of Wisconsin (Kenosha)
"Headlining Act" for Day of 1000 Musicians (Niagara Falls)
* Named among the Top #10 indie talents across Canada (Starbeat)
* Hand-selected by the founder to perform on the ONLY Canadian date of the final Vans Warped Tour
* Ranked as the #1 local "Rock" act (ReverbNation)
* Selected as the ONLY Canadian act to showcase at Summer NAMM Nashville
* Winter NAMM/Ultimate Jam Night showcase at the legendary Whisky a Go Go (Los Angeles)
* Music Video for second single, "Six Feet Under" reached 500,000+ views
* Music Video for "Easy Prey" nominated for Best Rock at the Canadian Independent Music Video Awards and Best Alternative Video at the International Independent Music Video Awards
* Rose Cora Perry named among "favourite singer/songwriters" by famed media personality and former MuchMusic VJ Bill Welychka
* Headlining act for "Day of 1000 Musicians"
* Selected as 1 of 400 bands to participate in the Guinness World Record Attempt for the Longest Concert by Multiple Artists
* Profiled by award-winning music media, "California Rocker", "Unrated Magazine", "Canadian Music Trade" & "Music Video Experience"
* Featured performance & cameo on Spectre Sound Studio's acclaimed Youtube channel (200,000+ subscribers)
* Support act for Smashmouth, Platinum Blonde, Rik Emmett (Triumph), Courage My Love & Atlas Genius
* Nominated for "Best Rock Artist" (Toronto Independent Music Awards)
* First Canadian act showcased on AOTV's "Local Sounds" (Massachusetts) and PBS' "Musicology" (California)
* Acclaimed "must see" local talent at London Music Week
* Awarded Best "Pop Rock" Music Video for "Away I Go"
* "Away I Go" single named in Top #10 most downloaded/streamed singles by indie artists (DMDS)
* "Onto the Floor" ranked in Top #30 album radio charts (Earshot)
* Achieved commercial radio play for "Onto the Floor" within 24 hours of its release
* Featured as an internationally "buzzworthy" act (MusicDish China Network)
* Profiled as a Featured Artist by the Songwriters Association of Canada